Fire Burns Guts Airport Hotel In Ikeja, Properties Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed
Lagos Airport Hotel in Ikeja was burned down with properties worth millions of naira destroyed today, Punch reports.
According to the publication, the inferno started after an electrical surge in a section of the Banquet Hall this morning at 5am, and from there, it spread to other parts of the hotel.
Punch adds that it took the combined efforts of the Lagos State Fire Service and the state’s Emergency Management Agency to stall the inferno from spreading to other buildings nearby.
The fire was successfully put out almost 4 hours later.
According to an official of the hotel:
“With quick response from all emergency agencies, we were able to salvage the situation. The fire was relatively much and property worth millions of naira was destroyed. But no life was lost and nobody injured.”